Monday, February 27, 2006

Monday morning greetings from Guatemala...


Hello everyone,
Sorry that the posts have been somewhat sparce. Getting on the Internet has been somewhat challenging. As I write, we are sitting at the breakfast table. Odd, I can't get on the Internet anywhere but at the breakfast table. Yesterday was another great tour. We went to the market in Chichicastanago. For a little spanish lesson, tanage means "the place of" and chichicas means poison ivy. Fortunately we did not experience the poison ivy. However, it is an absolutely beautiful flowering plant with big beautiful purple berries. As for the market, it was an interesting experience, but probably one I would only desire to do once. As you will see from the picture below the "three foot" rule was definately violated. It was interesting, but exhausting.

After the market, we went to Lake Atitlan. It was also very pretty, however a bit of a hazy day. You can see that the lake is in the middle of three large volcanoes.

Today is a pickup day - we get to pick up Caleb's visa at the embassy. We are going to go to the tourist market. That is much tamer and more our style.

Here are a couple of pictures for you to "visit" with us...







The market. Sabra is quite the bargainer...












This is a picture of our tour driver. He was wonderful. He actually did most of the bargaining for us to make sure we got a good deal.






Momma and her baby boy. Such a long journey, but finally in her arms forever!!













I wish I could say this volcanoe is from some great tour we took, but actually it taken from the balcony of our hotel room. Not too bad a view huh?
















These are some picuters of the family at Lake Atitlan. Some say it is "heaven on earth." I say if heaven is as nice or nicer than this, we have a LOT to look forward too.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so exicted everytime I check the blog and find new pics and stories from you guys. I am so happy that you have shared your experiences with all of us here at home. I hope you know how truly happy we are for you. Enjoy the rest of you trip. We love you! Missy

Anonymous said...

how fun to hear the news and see all the new pictures of the Fearsome Foursome!!! I have shared them with my friends at work, and everyone agrees you all have a beautiful family!

Hannah -- Jennifer says, "OH, look at how cute Hannah is in her Guatemalan hat!! She looks like she is having the time of her life with her cute new baby brother!"

Sabra -- that little guy sure looks perfect in the arms of his new mama! I love the one where he is wearing the hat and his head is bent forward, as if to say he is totally ready for nap time!!

Bus -- you sure have a great little family.

Caleb -- I can't wait to meet you, sweetie!!!
Love, Aunt Ruthie

Anonymous said...

Go God! How awesome! I am so happy and can't wait to meet Caleb. May the remainder of your stay be wondrous and joy-filled, and may your trip home be safe and uneventful.

Peace and blessings,
Harry Hebert

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! Uncle Shane will be so excited to see Caleb decked out in his Fire Dept. gear! Hannah looks like a rock star, all cheesey for the pics! I can't wait for a big ole group hug!

Love you ALL!!
Christie

Anonymous said...

Hey! What great pics...looks like such a great time for the family...I see you got the little guy all worn out! Welcome to the real world, buddy!

I will have to say that I am soooooooo happy you took Hannah along...what an experience for her! She has probably gotten more than a year's worth of education from the class room! I can see that she is in her element...As a mother, my joy is so complete to see these pictures. I love you all! Sabra you look so cute and happy w/your baby carrier! How neat! Well, we look forward to seeing all of you soon! Love, MOM Maslin

Anonymous said...

Dear Sabra, Bus, Hannah, and Caleb, Yea! We are so happy for you! Welcome Caleb. Have a safe trip home.

Mark and Susan Swieterman