Saturday, February 25, 2006

More pictures from Guatemala




Our first stop in Antigua was to one of the 5 star hotels in Central America. This picture was from a courtyard where they have weddings and other celebrations. The courtyard was full of these parrots.










Hannah reading to her new little brother














Me and Caleb after his bath.








This is our little one who wasn't going to be jealous of having a new brother.











This has been a really nice trip. Sabra probably posted this earlier, but we were able to get out and do some sightseeing today. On our last trip, we couldn't leave the hotel. Guatemala is a very beautiful country and I am glad we get to see it. It will give us nice memories to share with Caleb later in his life.

Tomorrow we will go to another place that has been been described as "heaven on earth".

Internet has been a little bit spotty, so if we don't post as often, that is why.

We are enjoying our trip, but we can't wait to get home and settle down as a family. God has truly blessed with Caleb, he is totally the right guy for our family. I guess when we trust Him, we end up with His best!! His best is even better than we could dream of ourselves.

Take care,
Bus (and Sabra, Hannah and Caleb)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello family! What great pictures! Makes me want to come right down! And I cannot get over how big Hannah is getting...it looks likes she has grown a whole foot since you left (now what are you gonna do with 3 feet, Hannah????)...no longer a baby Hannah anyway! Cannot wait to see you Hannah-Belle!

And I cannot wait to see any of you...my dear Sabra...such a good Mommie! All the love you give and happiness you spread around! I miss your smiling face! I love my Sabra!

And of course, my Busie! My dear son...I love you...miss your calls and joy you radiate!

And now there is our dear little Caleb...ready to make his mark in the world!

Thank you all for doing your part to show the world how God wants us to live...to be one w/our brothers...to give out the love that God has put into our hearts...to walk behind Him, knowing that He knows what is best for us...to give love to the broken hearted...to give a home to the homeless...to be a father, mother, and sister to those who do not have one.

And now we will go 'boldly before the throne of Grace' and rejoice and praise our Heavenly Father for this blessing and miracle!

With all the love in my heart...MOM Maslin

Anonymous said...

I just got home from church (we had an AMAZING day of worship) and wanted to let you know that the Maslin family was all the buz this morning! SO many are watching in anticipation on the blog! You are being prayed for, loved, rejoiced with, and greatly missed by your church family. Here's a long distance hug...
Love,
Christie

Anonymous said...

A big hello from all your family in Frankfort. We love and miss you. Our prayers for a safe trip home is in our daily thoughts. When you come to get the dogs you think you might bring the children by so that I could get in a little hug and kiss for each of them. Big sister is going to need a little love also, so that she will know that she is loved just as much. Will keep watching to see what other exciting things are posted. Keep it coming and I will keep your mom informed.

Love,
Becca, Eddie, Amanda and Taylor

Anonymous said...

Dear Ones...Another beautiful day here in the Bluegrass! Sunshine...but chilly...had a great day w/Billy and Will at the 'Haven'...Will told me Hannah has a new baby brother named Caleb!...and that Caleb's picture is on his Daddy's computer!

Had fun having a fire and roasting marshmellows, had a nice dinner...played outside/inside/painted, etc.

As I was reading the blog messages for today, I was touched with all the love you are surrounded with. I am also very touched that everyone wants Hannah to remember that we all love her too...you guys have circle of precious family and friends. The Lord is so good to us...we thank Him for giving us all this love.

Love and greetings from Delores...Reggie's Mom...and from Ralph Moores...and everyone in our church was happpy to see the picture of Caleb in his KY Wild cats jacket...greetings from Pastor Harry...so it goes...If love can fly you home, you should have a good trip!

Well, dear ones...have a good night...love MOM Maslin

Anonymous said...

Hannah,
I just wanted to fill you in on a few family secrets. First of all if you like pear baby food you just have to try the banana!! I still eat it. As for a bottle--there is nothing better than a chocolate milk bottle, just ask your cousin Tanner-he is 13. Have you tried your brothers pacifier yet? Well, in my opinion, that is the best! I took one for a LONG time and nothing is wrong with me. Also, I still sit in my mommy and daddy's lap!! No matter that you are a big sister now, it is perfectly fine to try out Caleb's "things" before he does just so you know that there ok. Oh one more thing, you will always be our precious baby Hannah that God blessed us with!! The great thing now is that you will never have to be lonesome as long as you have your brother. One day he will be your very best friend!! We can't wait to see you and your new baby brother!!
Much love, Tanya