Sunday, June 10, 2007

We are here!

We are here in Guatemala-just VERY sleepy and tired! It was a long weekend, as many of you know, we went to Virginia for a family reunion! It was fun to see everyone there, and we had a great time. Unfortunately, we didn't get home from the reunion until 7:30 pm, and we had not packed a lick! So, we stayed up into the wee morning, packing, cleaning, washing,.........you get the picture! We had about 1 hour of sleep-my cell phone was dying downstairs, so the beeping kept me awake after I went to bed! All is well, though, cause we believe we have everything!(Pray that we do!)




Maya will not be with us until tomorrow morning, and she will be here about 9:30am Guatemala time(11:30am eastern time). We thought tonight would be a good opportunity to spend some time with our first born-Miss Hannah! She is excited beyond belief to be here, and is taking in every little detail as though it is the first time she has been here! It is fun to see things through her eyes-as they are so bright and excited, and make Guatemala new to us, as well! I can't wait for Hannah to meet Maya! I hope to get some pictures of the expressions and meeting!! Please remember to pray for Maya's foster mom, Lidia. I cannot imagine how hard it is to know that this could be the last time she will see Maya. I am praying that they have enjoyed each others company these last few weeks, since we knew when we would be going to pick Maya up!




I took a few photos at the airport of Hannah, so I will post these. I will try to post as soon as we can tomorrow, so that everyone can see the happy sisters together!




Thanks Moms and Dads, Ruthie and LaVern for taking care of our sweet littlest ones at home while we are away picking up the newest member of our family! It means the world to us to know that they are in safe hands, and to know that they are being loved on!




We will write more when we can,


Love,


Sabra, Bus, & Hannah


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're so glad to see that you've arrived safely! We miss you already! Hannah - take in all the sights, sounds, and smells! We can't wait to hear all about your trip! Bus and Sabra - try to get a little rest...we have a feeling this may be your last chance for a while...hehehe. Just kidding! We love you all and wait patiently for more info and pics!

Praying for you,
Shane and Christie

Sarah said...

So happy to hear that you arrived safe and sound! You are so smart to settle in a little and be rested up for the arrival of Miss Maya! Sounds like you had a busy weekend! I can't wait to see Hannah and her little sister tomorrow! You know where we will be... glued to blogspot waiting to see your family completed with the receiving of Maya in your arms forever!!

Grant says hi to Hannah and to have fun!!

Sarah, Morgan, Grant and Sophie~Bug

Julie (Bailey and Gavin's Mommy !) said...

I am so happy to see you arrived safely ! This is your last night without Miss Maya... how very exciting. Glad that she will have her wonderful big sister there too... I can't wait for the pictures! Praying for you all !
God Bless~
Julie

Gina said...

That is wonderful that you all arrived safe and sound in Guatemala. Be sure to get some rest tonight. I can't wait to see the pictures of Hannah and Maya!! Oh, and then once you are home you will HAVE to post pictures of the whole family!! We are soo happy for you all! Have a wonderful time! God's blessings to all of you!!

Hugs,
Gina, Mommy to Lucas

Anonymous said...

How EXCITING!!! It's great that Hannah could come with you. Praying for you and for Maya and her foster mom. May it be a blessed reunion!!! Denise and Brielle

Robyn said...

Glad you arrived safely!! Sounds like Hannah is really enjoying the trip!! I can't wait to see pics of her and Maya!! Get some rest!!

Robyn & Gabriella