Our meeting was good-a little slow to begin with! I believe it was very overwhelming for all involved! Maya had been to the embassy doctor, and of course, she had received a shot!! She was tired, and probably frustrated from the very long day!! Her foster mother was VERY sad, and was fighting back tears! We, of course, were a little frustrated with the facilitators, to say the least, and really didn't have anything to say to them, so there was a bit of tension.
After a short meeting with the foster mom, whom we love and adore, we left with Maya to go to our room. She was very sad, and cried for her foster mom for about 20 minutes. We comforted the best we could, and gave her some time to grieve. We had a cup of Ramen noodles, and some orange crush. Not real healthy, but what do you expect in a hotel room? Bus pulled out the ball, and the smiles and giggles began! The ball was all over the room, and of course I took some pictures, or should I say, tried to take some pictures!
We know that she will continue to grieve for her foster mom, and we respect that. But, in the meantime we plan to love on her as much as she will let us! Pray for her, and again her foster mom!
She is warming to Hannah, but of course, there was some jealousy! We told Hannah to give her some time, and they will be great together! She is already calling Hannah, Nannah! Too cute, if I have to say so myself!
Well, I know tomorrow will be a new day, so for now, I will post a few quick pictures! We are headed to the embassy appointment tomorrow, so we will be up early in the morning for that! I will try not to leave you hanging, like on Sofia's pick up! Ha ha!
We love and miss you all!
Sabra, Bus, Hannah and Maya

4 comments:
Yeah!! Together at last!! I know that Maya will have a rougher transition that Caleb and Sofia, but with you and Bus gently loving her with all your hearts, she will just blossom with her forever family!!
Hannah looks so proud of her little sister! I know she will be a tremendous help with Maya!
Good luck at the Embassy appointment tomorrow! I hope you get some sleep tonight!!
Much love and HUGS!!
Sarah, Morgan, Grant and Sophie~Bug
WooHoo!! I'm so happy to see the four of you together! Give Hannah-belle a GINORMOUS hug for me. She looks like she's doing very well with her new sister.
BIG HUGS!!!
Christie
Finally... Miss Maya is in your forever arms ! It has been a wonderful experience taking this journey with you. Your family has brought such happiness to my life and the wait for my son, a little easier! I look forward to the new chapter in the lives of... Maslin Party of Six ! Continued Prayers.
God Bless~
Julie
Congratulations!! These pics are wonderful!! It is so good to finally see Maya with you forever!! I know the adjustment will be difficult for her, so I will be saying extra prayers for all of you!!
Robyn & Gabriella
Post a Comment