Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Not such a good embassy day :-(

Nothing terrible happened with regards to the adoption, that all went fine. But poor little Maya didn't feel very good. She just slept in daddy's arms (which isn't typical of her). She kept saying her legs hurt. Since she had shot yesterday, we thought she was a little feverish from that.

Well, apparently it wasn't. Right as they were about to call us for our second interview (just about finished), she vomitted EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!! Ironically, I was talking to a US Medical doctor who lived in Guatemala as a medical missionary. He very aptly commented, "She doesn't feel too well, does she?" To which I replied, "You aren't going to charge me for that diagnosis, are you?" He informed me that he would count is as part of his missions work.

The good news is that we made it through, and now little Miss Maya is ours forever. She is such a little princess and as I told Hannah, this morning's experience was just one of the "gems" that make up the entire necklace. Now, I'm dating myself, but as some who read this will remember a television show that started with a song that said, "You take the good, you take the bad - and there you have the facts of life." We wouldn't trade her for all the riches in the world!!!

I wish I had some Embassy pictures to post, but alas, our Embassy outfits will live as a memory in our minds only.

Pray for little Maya, she is so sick. Pray for us that it isn't a virus that we all catch. We certainly don't want to get sick on the way home!! Or worse, yet, bring it our kiddos and families back home.

We love you all,
Bus (and Sabra and Hannah and Maya)

Here is Maya not feeling too well. And of her taking a nap. She chose a nap over the pool, shows you how sick she must feel.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, I am so sorry that Maya is feeling so bad! Poor little thing! That little sad face just makes me want to scoop her up and cuddle her, which is what you did, I am sure. That picture of her sleeping is just precious... what a beautiful little face.

I hope nobody else catches the Maya bug... I think you had enough of that when you brought Sofia home.

(((HUGS))) and congratulations on your Embassy Day!!!

Much love from KY!

Sarah, Morgan, Grant and Sophie~Bug

Julie (Bailey and Gavin's Mommy !) said...

Praying Miss Maya feels better soon !
God Bless~
Julie

Gina said...

I'm so sorry to hear Miss Maya isn't feeling well. Those pictures make you just want to pick her up and cuddle with her until she feels all better. I pray Maya feels better very soon and that it isn't a virus or anything contagious.

God's blessings to all of you, and may He watch over Maya until she is well again.

Congratulations to the Maslin Family on your Embassy Day!

Hugs,
Gina, Mommy to Lucas

Anonymous said...

Hi Kids! I am so happy that you now have Maya...and so sorry that she is so sick...and yes, I hope it is not going to be a 'family bug'...you were so sick when you brought Sofia home...but it was worth it! What little dolls Caleb and Sophia are! We had such fun taking care of them...and we felt sad leaving them tonight w/A. Vern...Gpa said on the way home, "I hope they are not scared tomorrow when they wake up and we are not there..."
We have been having our supper outside on your deck (at Caleb's explosion...'OUTSIDE!'...about 4 pm each day)...he gets soooooo excited about that...he comes up to me for a bite of his food and says 'bite, bite...PICNIC!' and giggles...and Miss Sofie sits on the little rug on the deck and plays w/her car...smiling all the while...it has been windy and they both like the wind in their faces. If a bit of food drops on the deck floor, I told Caleb not to pick it up but leave there for the birdies...and he now sits on the steps watching for the 'birdies', pointing any flying birds out to me excitedly!

And Hannah...he stands at the edge of the deck yelling 'Hannah!' and then waits for you to come. So I told him that Hannah would be here soon and that she was bringing a surprise for him...not sure if he has the concept of that, but he will 'fer sure' be surprised, eh?

Well, it is late...and believe it or not, WE ARE TIRED! ;-]

Caleb has been carrying two silkies around all the time...the big one and a little one...so I said to him today, 'Hey, man...does your Mommie let you have 2 silkies all the time?' and he looks at me and laughs and says, 'No'...then I asked, 'Does Daddy let you have 2 silkies?'...and he again laughs and says, 'No'...So then I asked him if Hannah let him have two silkies...and he really starts to laugh and said, 'Nooooooooo!'...and then he put the big silkie up on the table! So funny...what a great kid he is! So obedient...and so loving to Sofia...too precious!

Well, I hope all is well and that you are getting some sleep...praise the Lord that he provided the missionary doctor for you...love always, MOM Maslin

Kelly said...

I am SO sorry to hear that Miss. Maya is feeling so bad. Praying she feels better soon and that it doesn't go through your whole family.

Congratulations on your Embassy Day!!

God Bless,
Kelly

Robyn said...

Poor Maya!! I am so sorry she is sick!! I hope she feels better soon!!

Robyn & Gabriella