Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Where, oh where did my little baby go??

Lately, I have noticed changes in all my kiddos, but particularly the youngest! Yes, Sofia has turned from the sweetest, cuddliest, coziest, little angel to a little firecracker with very strong opinions, full of attitude, demanding, and challenging being some of her strongest new traits! I guess you could say we have embarked on a new adventure-the terrible 2's!!!!!



Yeah, I guess Ialways knew it would happen, but with Maya, we didn't experience her terrible 2's, and with Caleb-he was just a stinker from the beginning, and with Hannah, she skipped the terrible 2's and went straight to the terrible teenager stage, and is still in it! Ha ha!!


Oh, if you could only see the looks I get from Sofia, and then the tantrums, and fits! She actually throws herself to the ground and rolls, or cries at the drop of a hat! I used to would have thought she was sick, or not feeling well, but now, I know she is just trying to see how far she can take me! Shame that she is the youngest of 4, and I have already been down this road before, and am aware of exactly what she is doing! Poor thing really can't shake and rattle me-I just ignore her behavior, which makes her even madder! ;O) I have to say, she is still an absolute cutie with her angry little challenging face! It helps me to realize that she will not grow up to be a push over! Ya know, though, it makes me sad to think that this may be my last little 2 year old-of course if we could lose the diapers-I think it would make me feel better!! :O)


Now, as I sit here typing this-my little firecracker is cuddled up next to me, watching Elmo-her FAVORITE thing to do in the whole wide world. So, ya see, even though she is changing, there are still those fabulous moments that Sweet little Sofia appears, and I know that this is just a short, passing time in our lives, where she is learning independence, and that she has a voice and opinion in life, and as a result- it makes her a stronger person, and me! Ha ha!


Here is a recent picture of my soon to be not-so-terrible 2 year old! ;O)






3 comments:

Sarah said...

What?? A Sofia with an attitude? NO WAY!! She is just the most precious thing on earth! Look at that innocent smile?

So happy that she is discovering herself and growing up into a self confident little girl!

Can't wait to see you all again and snuggle all four of your precious kiddos!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sabra...this is a great realistic post! I have to tell you that Sofia has another funny little 'thing'...she loves to toss little stuff in the corner of the living room over here...I kept wondering why we always had this collection of paper clips, bits of paper, pencils, or whatever in the corner and then last week I saw her picking up 'stuff' and tossing it there! Too funny...her favorite is also to push the paging button on the telephone...she pushes it and then runs away giggling while grandpa scurries to turn it off...quite the little stinker...but we knew that her day would come, eh! She is the dearest little stinker I know!! Love from a very partial Grandma Maslin

Steph, Rod and Parkersito said...

She may have an attitude and be entering the terrible 2's, but oh my goodness she wins the beauty contest hands down. I love her hair!!!