Here is a little part mom’s and my trip down memory lane…
Remember our Guatemalan adoption journey started on August 24, 2005. That was the day we came home from that horrible Russian trip. We missed you so much and were so sad with how things were going, we kept you home from school (shhh – don’t tell Ms. Burns) and laughed and cried together all day. You and mom and I talked and decided that we weren’t giving up on our adoption dream – we were just moving it from Russia to Guatemala. What we didn’t know is that, as part of God’s plan, that very same day Caleb was born in Guatemala.
In November, we left on our first trip to Guatemala to visit Caleb. It was your first airplane ride (that you remember – you went to San Diego and San Antonio when you were a little baby).
I remember how excited you were on the shuttle in the Houston airport.
Everything we see in Guatemala brings back memories of you being here with us. Do you remember the little grocery store where we bought water and some snacks for the room? Mom and I went there yesterday, we went up stairs to look around (where the toys are) because that was your favorite thing to do.
Last night when we went to meet Sofia for the very first time, it brought back memories of meeting Caleb for the first time. Do you remember we all took at nap (well mom and I did at least) they called while we were still sleeping because they came early. When we went down, remember the man in the elevator who prayed with us?
We took Sofia to the baby room and immediately thought of you. I remember you doing your puppet show for us.
Last night mom and I ate at LaVista. The waiter who brought you that special tea when you didn’t feel good was there. He remembered you and asked how you were doing.

Remember the night that you and Caleb put on the Big Sister/Little Brother T-shirts mom made for you? She's a good momma, isn't she!!

I remember you swimming in the awesome Marriott pool. You won’t be too sad though, because it is shut down right now, you can’t even see it.

Do you remember the gift shop in the Marriott? And what about the little market by the airport?Here you were - eating an icecream bar from the market.

I said the happy memories, well, there was one
sad one. The night we had to give Caleb back. I am writing this before we have to give Sofia and Maya back so I am not sad yet. But as fun as this trip is for us, we still have to give the girls back and so we will have that horrible gut wrenching feeling again. Even though you aren’t here with us, I bet you will have a little cry when you see our posts about giving the girls back.
But my memory of you that last day was how mature you are. You bounced right back and we went to Sirabella’s for dinner. You got all dressed up and looked so sophisticated. Mommy and I were so proud of you – your strength helped pull us through that night as well. And, the most important thing was that we still had you to hug and hold and take with us back to Ky.
Those are just a few of our memories, I know there are many more!! The good news is that both girls are in PGN and so in just a couple of weeks, we will back to get Maya and then Sofia a couple of weeks after that.
We love you, Hannahbelle and want you to know that our trip isn’t complete without you here.
Love,
Dad and Mom

2 comments:
Dear Family...what a special post to Hannah!...and that message is from her Grandma too...Hannah you are so precious to me (us) and I draw my strength and happiness from you too. You are so kind and loving to everyone...like your Mom always says to me 'Hannah has a good heart'...I know that God picked you to give us the joy and love that He knew we needed in our lives. Just like He picked the other children in your family just for us!! The Bible tells us in James that 'every good gift...' comes from the Father (God)...and you are one of those good gifts we have received from Him. We love all of you! Love from Grandma
Daddy mommy
I cried when I saw that I miss you
I love you I've got to Go check Yahoo.com
Love you Caleb And Hannah
Post a Comment