We couldn't remember what time the girls were suppose to be picked up(imagine that), so we thought we would go down and check the lobby around 3:30. Well, when we got there, Maya's foster mom was standing there. It took us a bit by surprise, as we thought she was suppose to go back at 4pm. Maya was very confused, as we thought she might be, and sadly went back to her foster mom. While we were standing there talking to her, Sofia's foster family appeared, and our little walk to the lobby quickly become our goodbyes. Sadly, it was very hard for us, but because it happened so fast, there wasn't a lot of time for tears. We hugged and kissed the girls, and sent them on with their foster parents. Thank goodness we have been through this before, as it made it a bit more bareable, even though it was still very hard. We know it won't be long before we return to take them home for good. Please say a little prayer for them tonight, especially for Maya, as it was hard for her to leave her Papa.(Bus) Also, stick a little prayer in there for us, as we miss them, but also miss our kiddos back home! We will be back home tomorrow, so this will be one of the last posts from Guatemala. Keep checking in, cause I know we will be hearing good news soon!
Here are a few of my favorite pics from the day. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
Love, Sabra and Bus

Sofia's bath-"Um, How's about a little privacy, here"

Maya's bath-"Why did ya have to wash my hair?"

A little snack before her bath!

Sofia asks,"Brrrrr...where's my clothes?"

Sofia says,"Gee...the bow sure warms a girl up!
Oh, and by the way, can you pray for my sister Maya-she is sad tonight"

Maya drinking her favorite drink-juice! Sure wish I had a pocket for my hand!

Maya and her Papa! She sure does LOVE him=o)
7 comments:
AAAAAWWWWW!!!!
How sad!!!
I Won 1st at my Talent Show!!!
Maya is such a sweety!
The bath pic of her is cute!!!!!!!!! I miss you
And love you
At the Talent Show The music kept messing up!
I sang Come Clean (Hillary Duff)
Even when it messed up
I just sang my heart Out!!
Raegen Sang and clogged!!!!!
I have a new friend named Presley
she clogged with Raegen!!
They rocked!! Oh goodness!!!!!!
I miss you!
Love
Hannah
Good Evening kids! I know how sad this night is for all of you...and mostly for Maya because maybe she does not understand that you are coming back...you at least know you will be back for them...We will pray that God will comfort her and not let this be too traumatic!
It is COOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD here today and snow and ice! You will have a big electric bill because I turned up the heat!! Sorry!
We are staying tonight...Ruthie wanted to, but there may be a snow day tomorrow and the roads may be bad for her as well.
Like Hannah told you, she was in a talent show tonight a church..but there was no 'winner' I reminded her that this was to share the talents God had given to us...not a 'competition of self' ...she did really well.
Boy, Caleb is quite the guy...perfectly well adjusted...having a great time...good as gold...no crying or anything...runs around and keeps coming up to me saying 'HI!'...really fun and funny!
Well dear ones, have a good evening and we will see you tomorrow! Love MOM Maslin et al
Hey,
Hannahbelle, check your yahoo mail!! We wrote you some emails. One of them from mom and one from me.
Congrats on the talent show, We are sorry we missed you. I bet you sang your heart out - That's my girl!!
Give Grandpa and Grandma and Caleb a big hug and kiss for us!!
We will see you tomorrow.
Love, Mommy and Daddy
Thanks for being such good bloggers...I've been stalking the blog for days now. I appreciate the pics and the sharing so much! Now I won't have to bombard you with questions when you come home! Have a safe trip, and be sure to keep a heavy coat in your carry-on. It's FREEZING here! I can't wait to see the other 600 pictures you took this weekend...hehehe. P.S. The Worship Team sends their love and prayers. We are ALL so excited to welcome the girls with open arms!
Love you!!
Christie
What beautiful and squeaky clean little girls they are!
I know your hearts are hurting tonight after having to say goodbye... I remember that raw emotion all too well myself. I wish that the wait was not so long for all of us!
I will keep your sweet Maya in my prayers tonight and the days to come as she wait for her beloved Mommy and Daddy to come back to pick her up. It was sure great seeing all those smiles you put on her face while you visited!! Pretty soon, those smiles will be a permanent fixture on that button of a face!
Sofia is just a delicious hunk of love! I love her little expressions and her little healthy baby rolls!! I love all the little outfits (and sweaters - LOL) that you had on the girls this week... ADORABLE!
Safe travels home tomorrow to "muy frio" Kentucky! But, I know the hugs of Hannah and Caleb will warm you up quickly!
Looking forward to our next playdate!
Sarah and Sophie
I have to say your words and pictures bring tears to my eyes. The beauty, the love and the JOY is on every photo. Your girls are precious.
I'm sure your hearts are longing to be with all 4 of your children right now. Please know that I am praying for you and especially for sweet Maya as I am sure it is most confusing for her. Praying you get those girls out of PGN Soon!!!
Thanks so much for sharing!
Denise and Brielle
I am in AWE how great our GOD is!!
The pictures of your new little ones took my breath. I am so very happy for you all and for us also for they are part of us as well. I have to say that Maya looks like you Sabra when you were little "those smiley eyes" and something about Sofia looks like her big sis Hannah when she was little- it's so awesome!! Caleb and Daddy will live a RUFF life with all these GIRLS taking over!! haha.
I Love You all and can't wait to see ALLLLLLLL of you!!
Love, Tanya
Post a Comment