Friday, January 16, 2009

FFF-Eyes-Through the Eyes of a child....


This week our FFF is "Eyes". I decided to interpret this as "through the eyes" of a child.


Wednesday night Maya asked me to paint her finger nails. So I painted her lovely nails a beautiful shade of hot pink. Hannah plopped down beside me next, and I painted Hannah's lovely nails a crazy shade of blue/green. I also painted Sofia's nails hot pink, and she loved them! Well, the girls were running all around the living room showing off their beautiful finger nails, and Caleb came over and sat down next to me and stuck his hands out, and said"Paint mine". As I felt the beaming "eyes" of Bus looking upon me, I explained to Caleb that only girls get their nails painted. He didn't say anything, kind of just got down and played for a few minutes. Then he came back, and asked me to paint them again. After a few times of explaining it to him, I finally broke down and painted one toe nail the blue green color, so that he didn't feel left out! It was a hard thing to explain to him, as he really didn't see why he couldn't get his nails painted. Not to mention, the girls nails looked good to him! ;O)
He ran all around the room saying, "Isn't it cute?" Poor Bus...it was hilarious!





6 comments:

Kim & Dave said...

Fun!

My kiddos love to have thier nails done!

Sarah said...

Poor Caleb!! Living in a house with three sisters, of course he would want to paint his nails!! He is so darn handsome - tell Bus that there would be no mistaking him for a boy, even with is blue toe!!

LOL!

Anonymous said...

Hey family...I loved Sarah's comment! (I have heard of a 'blue-toothed hound' but not a 'blue-toed grandson'!) And I have to agree...he is handsome enough to hold his identity, eh? Love to all from Grandma Maslin

One Busy Momma said...

Beautiful family!!!

Love that Caleb wanted his nails painted! My boys get theirs done sometimes too... it's just so fun for them....

jeck said...

Your kids are adorable!!!

Isabella's mom said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that pic of the hands LOVE!



hi sabra i am back
Jill and Isabella