Wednesday, January 28, 2009

BBBBRRRRrrrr....what happened to our warm weather??!!??!

Well, it has been crazy here! A crazy ice/winter storm came through early Tuesday, and it has been crazy since! We lost our power to our house Tuesday about 1:30-2:00pm! So, after gathering our goodies, we moved to Bus' Mom & Dad's, where the electricity was still going!! We settled in, and had a pretty good time-as it was nice and toasty!!(Thanks Mom & Dad!)


Well, their electricity went out about 4:00am-I think(couldn't see the clock in the dark), and we decided to head home to use our fireplace for warmth!! Way too cold!!!!! So, off to Lexington, where we settled into the Embassy Suites in a room next to his Grandma & Aunt, who also lost their electricity!! I am currently typing this post from the E.S.! We are toasty, and warm, and I am getting ready to head to bed-but, wanted to take a second to post a couple of pictures of the craziness we have experiencing!

Stay safe, and stay warm!

:O) Sabra


Pardon the pictures-they were too big, and I didn't feel like correcting them, so if they appear distorted-I am sorry!! I am off to a WARM bed! :O)


The pic above is of the KY river. I was driving, so it is not the best! ;O) This is the Clays Ferry Bridge for any of you who are familiar.














Again, I was driving...hard to take a picture while you are driving?! :O)






The trees look like they are bowing down to the ice/snow!





Unbelievable amounts of ice!!




Trees are broken everywhere like this! We don't have many trees in our yard, but, there are a couple that look like this!



Trees all over the roads made it terrible to get around!


Our Blue Spruce was encased in ice!!





The trees lining our driveway...








So beautiful.....























11 comments:

Steph, Rod and Parkersito said...

The ice is so beautiful, yet so damaging. Stay safe and warm!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sabra...great pics! Will need to email some of these to some friends...thank you for finding a nice warm and safe place for Gma and Patty to stay! You are all too dear! Mom Maslin

Kim & Dave said...

WOW!! I remember a few ice storms like that growing up! CRAZY, huh!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Amazing pictures. I hope you get power back soon. Stay safe!

Rachel said...

Beautiful pictures!

Anonymous said...

Sabra,
Keep your hands on the wheel, girlfriend! LOL! These are awesome pix. So beautiful and yet so destructive. Stay warm!
Marjorie and the gang

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures but I cant even imagine how cold it is there! I have never experienced anything like that. Here in Texas we barely have to wear a jacket!

Stay warm!!!

Isabella's mom said...

i love love love these pictures, although i am so sorry for all of you in kentucky sufferring, it sure loks great!


Jill and Isabella

Robyn said...

Amazing pics!! Glad to hear your power is back. Hope ours isn't far behind.

Kelli said...

I recognize where you were driving as we are in Richmond. It has been crazy, but luckily our power just flickered off and on several times. Hope your comes on very soon!!!

Janet and Maya said...

WOW! Stay safe.....amazing pictures.

(We are CCI clients, don't know if you remember us from chats)