Thursday, July 31, 2008

A post just about Hannah












This post is dedicated to our beautiful first born, who always asks me, "Mom, why don't you do a post just about me?"  










Well, I can only imagine how she feels, as she used to be the only apple in our eye, until Caleb, Maya, and Sofia entered our world, and she was that only apple for 7 years!  I can't imagine how hard it has been to learn to share all the love and attention she used to get, being the only child, and sharing it with all her siblings!  


What I can say, is that she has done an amazing job adjusting to such a busy life, and actually has developed into the best big sister-just ask Caleb, Maya, & Sofia!  Although she is bossy(aren't all big sisters this way?), pushy, and sometimes downright mean, she loves her little brother and sisters.  She would fight tooth and nail to defend any one of them! She makes them giggle and laugh, and she hugs and kisses them, till they cry to be let go!  Don't tell her I told you this, but, I don't know how many times I have found her cuddled up under a blanket with one of them! 
 

Yep-Hannah-your secret is out-you do love being a big sister, and that makes me the proudest Mom that I can be! :O) But, you know what is cool about that?  They love you the same way, and that is all a Mom and Dad can hope for! :O)


So, Hank, here is your special post-because you are very important to this family and we LOVE YOU!!!


12 comments:

Steph, Rod and Parkersito said...

She is beautiful!!! The other 3 must be so happy to have her for a big sis!

Anonymous said...

Hannah,
Your old dad cried when he read this post. I remember a conversation we had before the kids came home and I told you that love is an amazing thing. It is one thing that we all have the capacity to give out and feel infinitely. So, while our time and attention gets split, our love for you hasn't diminished in the slightest.

And, on a personal note, you are a dream to have a has a daughter. I hear so many horror stories from other parents and secretly, my heart smiles because I have such a good and mature and loving daughter.

Don't ever change, you are truly a beautiful person on the inside and your gorgeous on the outside. I dread the teenage years, just do me one favor and make sure that whatever young man has the pleasure of calling you his girlfriend understands how special you are and treats you with the respect and admiration you deserve. Remember, he's lucky to have YOU, not the other way around.

As you grow up, stay the sweet loving person you are. Remember to always keep Christ the central focus of your life and all your endeavors will be successful.

I love you with all my heart!!

Dad

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful pictures of a beautiful young lady. It's all about you today Hannah!

Sarah said...

I have to agree... Hannah is the BEST big sister and such a loving, beautiful, smart and wonderful child! I just adore your sweet Hannah! Reading both Sabra's post and Bus's comment... I can see that Hannah is one loved lady!

Keep that smile shining Hannah... some man is going to be VERY lucky someday to find you!!

Anonymous said...

Hey there Maslin crew...I just want you to know that even when I don't comment I'm still delightedly watching your family grow up through this blog...By the way Randall says that Hannah looks just like Sabra! I thought it wass cute!!! She certainly has grown into a beautiful young lady! Love you guys

Anonymous said...

My Granddaughter and my friend and buddy...how I love you! You have brought me so much joy these past 10 years...we have had such fun doing our projects...you were my real estate buddy...we cooked a lot of special meals for grandpa...we wrote the story about the sea turtles together...you are just wonderful. And, yes, you make such a good big sister...and yes, sometimes it is hard...(take it from another big sister, eh?!)...how can I tell you how important you are to me and in my life!

I look forward to the years down the road and the time we will spend having good times together...there are lots of fun projects out there for us yet!

And so, dear one,stay as sweet and precious as you are...and I will always love you no matter what...
;-) From your ole' 'gma' Maslin

Robyn said...

What a great post about such a great girl!! I just love Hannah!!She's as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside!!

Robyn

P.S. I'm tagging you with the "Brilliant Weblog Award"!! Go to my blog to see what to do.

Debbie said...

What a beautiful daughter you have!!! Inside and out too it seems!! She sounds like a great big sister!!!

Debbie

Hannah said...

Hi I just came across your blog today. I have a 10 yr old who was an only child until about 5 months ago and the adjustment is pretty hard. I bet your sweetie is a great sister and daughter.

We are near Louisville too.

Hannah has a beautiful name. I have heard girls named Hannah are exceptionally brilliant and beautiful.


another Hannah

Bree said...

Those are some great pictures! Hannah is a true beauty! I know she is a great big sis and I enjoyed reading about her.

Kelly said...

She is stunning.I can only imagine how proud you must be of her.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet tribute to a beautiful girl!