If you have a moment, I was hoping you might take a minute and say a little prayer for an internet friend and his family, that I met via adoption.com, during our Russian adoption experience. His name is Mike Stephenson, and he lives in Texas. He is a wonderful prayer warrior, and prays for everyone! He now needs any prayers, good thoughts, good vibes you could send his way!
He is only 38 and they have found a large tumor in his abdomen-very near his colon. He just had a colonoscopy done to see if it is affected. They are not sure it is cancerous, but suspect that it is. He has a loving wife and 3 wonderful, young kids, one of which was adopted from Russia (Julia) and has had significant emotional/behavioral problems (she has RAD-Reactive Attachment Disorder) from all the loss and abuse she endured at the orphanage). This family had had ENOUGH trauma and suffering for a LIFETIME..and to top it off, Mike just lost his Mom only a month ago.
Here is an email Mike sent out:
Dear Friends,
I've only met most of you via the internet forums and such although a few others I've had the privilege of meeting in person. But I feel like I "know" you all so very well. So I hope you don't mind if I write and ask you a favor.I received news yesterday that I have a sizable mass in my lower left abdomen and it's slightly wound around the colon. I am having a colonoscopy tomorrow morning to explore the tissue in the colon. If nothing is found there (and I hope there isn't), we'll turn to the mass itself. Either way, the GI doc thinks it's malignant and there is a long and uncertain road ahead. I could write so much more but don't want to bog you down with details. Best to just say that yesterday, I was shaken about as much as I could have been shaken. And, of course, all this comes just a month after my Mom's own passing.Honestly, I'm very scared. I saw the film from the CT scan and it isn't pretty, and both docs I worked with yesterday were noncommittal on what is going on. I'm only 38 and healthy, so I can't figure this out, and perhaps I shouldn't really try to. Nevertheless, if I could ask, would you mind saying a prayer on my behalf as well as for Della and the kids. I am going to fight this as strongly as I can. I am scared but I will remain optimistic that I can be healed through this. I am a believer in divine healing. If that doesn't happen, I'm 100% confident in my own salvation... I have no concerns about that at all. The tougher part is for Della and the kids and the pain that they have to experience.That's probably going too far... I shouldn't be talking that way. I would so appreciate prayers for my family. And for me.
Blessings,Mike
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Dear Ones...all...including Mike's family...yes, we will pray...and we rejoice in Mike's wonderful testimony of faith...whether we die or whether we live, we are the Lord's...He WILL provide the strength and comfort for this time...but still we are human and we will gladly help you bear this burden. Sending our love and praying for all of you. Ruth Maslin (Bus's Mom)
I will be praying for Mike and his family!!
Robyn
Post a Comment