Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Conversations with Maya


Well, as many of you know, Maya hasn't had the easiest time with the English language. It has been a long hard road, and we are finally REALY beginning to see the difference! I have to give kuddos to her preschool, as she has learned a lot from them! I still have to strain to understand her at times, but, am happy to say that I understand her about 95% of the time now! :O)  She still has a horrible time with the letter s and the sound that it makes, but, she has really soared in language!  She spent 45 minutes, the other day, telling me about a girl in her class, and all the trouble the little girl was getting into!  It was hilarious as she described everything the girl was doing, and the teachers reactions! I have to admit, I really enjoyed hearing her be so expressive about school! I've always said that when she was going to be a big talker, once she learned enough words!

Here are some funny things she has been saying...

*"My heart is really beeping fast" :O)

*She told me that she saw a dog outside running around in the front yard, and when I asked her what color was the dog, she said "pink".  (Hee Hee)

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh Sabra! She is just precious!! I can't wait to see you all again and hear her talk in person!! Give that sweetie a big hug for me as well as all your other sweeties! Miss you!

Steph, Rod and Parkersito said...

Yeah...watch out...she has a lot to say, I'm sure!!! She's just too cute and I'm glad school is helping her! How wonderful!!!!

Taylor family: Tim, Becky, Tabitha said...

Maya is so beautiful, and that hair is gorgeous! Bus is going to have to beat the boys away from the house with a stick when she's older!
Becky

Robyn said...

How sweet!! Maya is a doll!!

Anonymous said...

Awwww...she is getting to be such a young lady...what an incredible child...love her more than I could ever say! Love from Gma Maslin