Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Today was Embassy day!

First off, I am sorry we have not pounded away at the keyboard very much, but all is going very well! It is a little more difficult to get things done on the computer when we are entertaining two little ones-Sofia is pretty easy, and Maya is very active-which of course I don't blame her! A hotel room is quite boring for an active 2 1/2 year old! So, we will tell all of our stories when we get home, and post them too!

Today, we had to be up and ready to go to the embassy by 7:30-believe it or not, we were not late! We were actually able to eat breakfast, and make it to meet our driver by 7:30!!(O.k., so I won't tell you that the time is two hours behind Ky time!) Ha ha! We were there till about 10:45, and was all done! We came back to the hotel, and Bus and Maya went for a little swim! I changed Sofia, and we went to sit by them! The weather is very warm here, right now-a lot like back home-upper 70's, 80's! It is the start of rainy season, but we have not seen any, yet!(Thank goodness!)

After their swim, we decided to go to the Artistan's Market by the zoo.(No, Hannah, we did not go to the zoo!) We went with a couple from our agency, and guess where they live?! Versailles, KY!! They are Angie and Denver Ockerman, for those CCI people reading the blog! They are wonderful, and we have really had a great time getting to know them! They have a beautiful daughter, Ana, that they are adopting, and bringing home, as well! She has the sweetest eyes, and sweetest smile!! Now, everyone is taking a little nap-except me-I really wanted to blog-and it has, as I said before, been a little harder for me to get to the computer!

Tomorrow we are planning a trip to Antigua! We are excited to go, and are using the same tour guide we used the last time we went to Antigua! His name is Jacobo, and we loved him! If you are ever headed to Antigua, Guatemala, let us know, and we will give you his info!

Also, Miss Maya will be headed back to her foster family tomorrow! Pray for her! We have been able to grow so much closer! She even loves her Mamma! During our visit trip in January, she was not the fondest of me, but now, she sees that I am willing to share her Papa(Bus)! We just love her so much-wait till you meet her! She is a definate spitfire!! When they dropped her off, she came running, screaming Papa!!!! Boy, did our hearts do a flip flop!!!

Anyway, I said I wasn't going to talk, but it was nice to be able to chat a bit! I wish you all could be with us, and see how beautiful, and wonderful Guatemala is!! The people, the countryside...all so very beautiful! We are so blessed that the Lord took us down this journey, and to Guatemala to find our beautiful children! Here is a few pictures we took over the last couple of days! Enjoy!

We love and miss you all!
Sabra, Bus, Maya, and Sofia









Since I don't want to take the time to edit and add subtitles-I will just share why i picked some of these pictures-outside of the obvious!
-Look at Sofia's hair! It is crazy curly, and I am gonna have to work hard to figure it out! Ha ha!
-Sofia LOVED her bath!(No crying-Hannah!!) She giggled, even when the water was flowing over her face!!
-The pictures of Maya, in her red heart shirt, were taken in a beautiful courtyard, where we got tons of video clips of her running! It was beautiful! She was so happy to be outside and able to run freely! Sofia was sleeping! Ha ha!
-The one of the two together in the chair-Both trying to be the star of the picture! Boy are we gonna have one active and "pay attention to me" household when all our girls are home!
-Our beautiful bathing beauty queen, who was so tired, but thrilled to go swimming with daddy!
-Sofia-who is going to be like her big sister was as a baby-a thumb sucker!(Can you believe that Hannah?!)
-Do you like the smile on Sofia's face? Well, you better, cause it is there all day long! She is an absolute Happy baby!!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

I am just about in tears looking at your beautiful baby girls, Sabra and Bus!! And, when I recognized those dresses that Sofia is wearing, I was just all smiles... they are just perfect for your Sofia!! I noticed the pink Robeez in yesterday's pictures too!! Makes me remember this time last year when my Sophie was looking oh-so-cute in them too!!

Maya has quite the personality... I just love the one of her posing in the chair with her baby sister... hilarious!! You WILL have quite the household when she is home. There will be some major competition for limelight between Caleb, Maya and Sofia. I bet Hannah will love directing all of them very soon!!

Thanks for updating for all of us Maslin-children picture stalkers out here!! Your camera must be burning up with all that cuteness inside!!

Love to all of you!!!

Sarah, Morgan, Grant and Sophie

Anonymous said...

Hey Sabra...thank you for posting this while everyone else slept...my, this is going to be like when we were little girls ourselves and 'played dolls', eh!???

And speaking of dolls, the two here sure have given us total joy this week! It was such fun to really bond w/Caleb this week in a real personal way. What a guy! keeps running to me, giggling, smacking his mouth in kisses...boy, is he ever Grandma's boy! Keeps saying 'pick up' to me w/his arms lifted up. I devised a way to sit down and use a little leverage and get him in my arms...so he thought I was picking him up while all the time he was actually doing the work! He had one fun-packed day w/both of us(Gpa and me) and finally started rubbing his eyes about 7:30, so we quickly got his jammies on and got his milk...and he fell asleep on Gpa's lap drinking it. So we decided to go ahead and put him down for the night...even tho Pop-pop and Nana had not yet arrived...they got there about 8:30. He has been going to bed about 8 pm and sleeping through the night until about 6 when we all get up.

Hannah was lonesome for you both tonight...and I think she misses being in on the fun! Tonight she was sitting in her Daddy's TV Den spraying his 'Frebeze'...and when I told her not to spray anymore, she started to sniffle and said, 'this is my Dad's'...I think it reminded it of her Daddy. Last night she was particularly lonesome for Momma...and I think she sent you an email, Sabra.

Well, I will tell you one thing, Sabra...you sure have been doing a great job on those kids. I was feeling kind of sad today because I was thinking, 'how is she going to have any time for me now????' (maybe Hannah was thinking the same thing, eh?!) I forgot how much kids are a 24/7 deal! When do you find time to pay the bills??? to comb your hair??? to think??? Help!

Well, dear little family have fun and be safe! Cannot wait to see you again. Love, MOM Maslin

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! Can't wait to meet your girls, they both look so adorable...remind me of my little Guatemalan princess. Tell Lidia "hola" for me, hope you don't have to take the chicken bus to Antigua - that ride can be tricky! Hope to see you Sunday.
Lots o' love,
Candy

Anonymous said...

Hey Maslins! I have enjoyed the pictures and updates. Thank you for letting us in on your experience. I think I check the blog at least ten times a day. The girls are beautiful. We can't wait to me them. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Have a safe trip home.

The Halls-Missy, Curt, and Keaton

Carol, Tom and Emma said...

Sabra and Bus
So happy that Embassy day went well and Sophia is yours! How elated you must feel.
Maya is such a gorgeous toddler and I wish that she was coming home with you too. I know in due time she will be let out of PGN. Wouldn't it be great if you were to fly right back down there to bring her home too?
HAve a wonderful time in Antiqua and a safe flight home. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip.
Carol, Tom and Emma

Robyn said...

I am so glad your trip is going well!! The pictures are gorgeous!! I can't wait to meet the girls!!

Robyn

Anonymous said...

Bus and Sabra,
You have a beautiful family! I love reading about your trip and am admiring the pictures.
Thanks for sharing the excitement with us.
Lisa

Julie (Bailey and Gavin's Mommy !) said...

Sabra and Bus-
I so enjoyed seeing the pictures of your beautiful girls. Lots of curls... on both girls... oh how fun that is going to be ! I am so happy for you that Sofia is coming home and I am PRAYING without CEASING that Miss Maya will be home soon !
God Bless,
Julie