Wednesday, June 18, 2008

School is out, and we have been sooooooo busy!!!!!

Yes, school was over May 30th, and so began our busy summer!




Hannah is now officially a 5th grader, and I am blown away that my baby is in her last year of elementary school!!


Here is a picture of her from her Archery Bullseye Club program. Great form, Hannah!













The day after school was out, we went to a picnic given by our local adoption agency! It was a blast, and we loved seeing so many of our good friends, again! Sadly, Caleb and Sofia were sick with a yucky cold, and so they didn't get to go! Hannah, Maya and I went for awhile, while Bus took care of the little sickies!





Here is Maya on her first real horse ride!

She LOVED playing in the big blow up toys....




and the slides!!




Then, the first weekend in June, we went to Chicago for a GAFI(Guatemalan Adoption support group) get together! It was a blast, and we had a great time meeting so many of our internet friends!!!





We did so much while we were there, and we started our Saturday off at Navy Pier! It was beauful, and I am so glad that we were able to go there, this time! The picture above is part of the skyline from Navy Pier.








The ferris wheel at Navy Pier!



**Here are a few pictures of my little ones enjoying the great city of Chicago!**






Sisterly Love!





Caleb's first merri-go-round ride!





Maya's first merri-go-round ride!





My beautiful Hannah, who continues to amaze me with her beauty, inside and out!



In the afternoon, Bus took Caleb, Sofia, Hannah and our buddy Grant back to the hotel, and a bunch of us walked over to Millineum Park for the kids to play in the fountain! Again, it was a blast, and Maya loved playing in the water!!!






One of the towers that shoots water out!!



Maya couldn't quit smiling-she LOVED playing here!







On Sunday, we woke up early, and packed up and headed to the Lincoln Park Zoo! It was a crazy day, with a storm that blew up, causing us to run for shelter!! Here are a few pics from that day...

I wish you could have seen Caleb looking at the monkeys-he got such a big kick out of them!!


Here is my smiley girl!





Hannah and Sofia taking a break-it was such a warm day!!




Wish we lived closer to our new buddies-it was so much fun to play and spend some time with them!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello family! What great pics...again Sabra! These little ones have such a joy about life and it makes us joyful just to watch and enjoy them! We love you all...Grandma Maslin

ps. Hannah, I was going to send you a comment on your blog spot...but alas, it would not accept 'anonymous' comments...:(
Love, Grandma

Carol, Tom and Emma said...

I read your Chicago posts and we miss you too!! Wished we lived closer to you. But I promise this fall we are at least meeting in Indianapolis.
Did you do your header for your Blog? I want to make mine better...sigh
Love
Carol

Sarah said...

We loved hanging with you at the picnic and in Chicago! WE miss you too! And, I had no idea that the merry-go-round was Caleb's first time or I would have waited for you to take him - YIKES! LOVE that he is sitting on the frog!

Tell Hannah that I would love to know what her blog is... and I hope we can get together again very soon!

Anonymous said...

Your children at so Beautiful!