About a week ago, in celebration of the Derby, Maya's class had a shoebox Derby parade. Here is Maya with her shoebox float, during the parade.

After the parade, I took Sofia and Caleb on a scouting for "fun" picture places, and ran across this access to a great little creek here in Madison County. And...the kids were with me, so I tried it out! It was a little too sunny, but, we made the best of it! :O) Caleb and Fia were in rare form!
Caleb is so funny! I said sit close, and act like you love one another! This was his interpretation! :O)

They really are very close. I heard Sofia this morning say, "Don't hit me wif you train, you my best friend".

By the creek, I asked Caleb to act like he was fishing with a stick. Of course, that wasn't too hard for a little boy!

Then he started smacking his "fishing pole" up and down in the water!(I didn't tell him to do that!)

Then, there is my Sweet Sofia. She melts my heart! I love this kiddo! Always bringing me flowers! :O) She doesn't really like to get her pictures taken. I haven't trained her enough, yet. ;O) She also doesn't do anything I ask her to do, but, I think we got some cute shots-these are definately her personality!
Here she is with the "fishing stick". Lol

Thinking, "Why, oh, why does she take so many pictures of us?"

The next day I took my little model, Maya, to the new picture place. I bought her this hat to wear for the derby parade, but, she didn't want to. So, I put her in Caleb's boots, and some "farm girl" looking clothes(one of Hannah's old outfits), and we rushed over before the rain started. I love to take pictures on cloudy days!!
I have a picture of Miss Hannah on the ground that I took one time...the inspiration for Cowgirl Maya!

Serious Maya! She really is quite a serious girl, so this is the perfect pose!

Not quite the pose I was asking for...but, sometimes you take what you can get! lol I took this photo right before she fell, and slid down the tree!

So, we decided she should sit down by the tree. :O)
Sadly, it started to rain, and we had to leave. Oh, the things we do to get a great smile out of kiddos! I think I was standing on my head spinning here! lol (notice the droplets of rain in the creek)

The rain didn't quit for two full days, and this cute little creek became a raging rapid!

1 comment:
LOVE these pics!!! The derby float is georgeous! and so are the kids...hard to imagine the flooding too. The pics of Sofia and Caleb are the greatest...what wonderful children...glad they are my dear grandchildren...and Maya is too cool!
Post a Comment